With our beautiful Oceanside weather heating up, it’s an excellent time to check your central air conditioning and make sure it’s running at it’s tip-top condition. If you don’t feel comfortable doing the maintenance yourself, just call your Oceanside Air Conditioning guy John Stevenson at (760) 452-0702.
- Inspect your unit. – Make sure it’s not covered by debris andÂ dirt. Clear all weeds and plants that have sprung up around your air conditioner. Your main unit needs to be free to draw in enough air to cool the house. Be careful of your delicate wiring if your using a week whacker around your unit. If you notice any damage, call out a qualified repairman like John Stevenson Heating and Air Conditioning in Oceanside, CA.
- Change the air filter. – Air filters need to be changed regularly and cleaned once a month. A dirty air filter can choke your unit, cause it to run inefficiently or even worse, ice over.
- Tighten all the screws. – This will help keep the repairs away.
- Check the freon levels. – If your freon is low you may have a leak which may cause your compressor to overheat. It’s very expensive to replace a condenser. Better to catch this early so that easy, fast and inexpensive repairs can be made.
- Check the thermostat. – Make sure your thermostat is set on the “cool” mode. Your air conditioner should turn on when the temperature of your home isÂ a couple of degrees higher than the temperature your thermostat is set at. Does your air conditioner cool your home to the temperature set on the thermostat? Or does it run longer and go cooler? This could be a potential repair. In Oceanside call, John Stevenson Heating and Air Conditioning, before your thermostat goes bad.Â It maybe more affordable to fix your thermostat rather than to have it replaced.